After eating at almost all the famous food places in Hong Kong, I have come up with a single day Food Tour Itinerary for food lovers like myself. I guarantee that you will eat till you drop with 9 places to visit, eating never stops when you’re with me!
I recommend starting your day early around 8.30am or 9am if you plan to complete the entire itinerary. Places listed are all located near Central on Hong Kong Island.
1. 蘭芳園 Lan Fong Yuen (Breakfast)
This place is famous for its Hong Kong style breakfast and I recommend trying the following:
• 蔥油雞扒撈丁 Dry-Stirred Instant Noodle with Spring Onion Chicken Fillet
• 心多多撈丁 Dry-Stirred Instant Noodle with Spicy Pork Cube, Chicken Wing and Fried Egg
• 絲襪奶茶 Hong Kong Milk Tea
They specializing in handcrafted bread & pastries and I recommend trying their Sourdough Egg Tart and Croissant.
3. Blue Bottle Coffee
As its name suggest, I definitely recommend coffee lovers to stop by to chill.
4. 一樂燒鵝 Yat Lok Restaurant (Lunch)
Roasted goose is definitely a must try in Hong Kong! I recommend getting their 燒鵝瀨粉 Roasted Goose Rice Noodle and of course 燒鵝飯 Roasted Goose Rice.
5. Messina (Dessert)
Famous for its wide selection of Gelato Flavours, I personally like Pistachio, Macadamia, Black Sesame Tong Yuen and Hong Kong Milk Tea Gelato.
6. 媽咪雞蛋仔 Mammy Pancake
I recommend trying the Original Pancake Flavour, but I’m sure other flavours are as good!
7. 勝香園 Sing Heung Yuen
Famous for its tomato soup and toast. I recommend the following:
• 牛油檸檬汁蜜糖脆脆 Butter, Lemon and Honey on Crispy Bun
• 茄牛通 Macaroni with Tomato and Beef
• 咸檸七 Sprite with Salted Lemon
8. Bedana’s Filipino Restaurant (Dinner)
The best Filipino food I have tried in Hong Kong! I recommend calling in to make a reservation as the restaurant has limited seats and its usually extremely crowded. Below are some recommendations:
• Kinilaw Na Tanigue (fish ceviche with vinegar marinade)
• Sizzling Sisig (pig’s head —hairy ears included— and liver)
• Crispy Pata and Chicken Inasal (grilled chicken and deep-fried pork knuckle — combines perfectly with a Red Horse or San Miguel beer)
• Beef Kaldereta (oxtail stew — you either love it or hate it; and add the garlic rice)
• Leche Flan (crème caramel custard)
9. 佳佳甜品 Kai Kai (Dessert)
This place offers Authentic Traditional Chinese Dessert and I recommend the following:
• 芝麻糊 Black Sesame Paste
• 寧波薑汁湯圓 Glutinous Rice Ball in Sweet Ginger Soup
• 木瓜燉雪耳 Stewed White Fungus with Papaya
Above are all the 9 places to go in a single day. Of course do not visit all the places in a single day if you’re a light eater. But I hope this itinerary has provided you with some ideas on places to eat if you’re at visiting Central Hong Kong!